It was another fantastic weekend of racing for the Wyre Forest youth riders, with riders racing at both Curborough and Sundorne and a number of podium finishes, demonstrating yet again what outstanding talent there is across all of the boys and girls age ranges.
On Saturday 5 riders took part in the Lichfield CCC races at Curborough in races from under 10 through to under 16.
– U10 Boys Jenson Groves (2nd place and celebrating his first podium as a WFCRC rider)
– U12 Boys Max Hinds – (3rd ), Felix Forrester (17th)
– U14 Girls Posie Forrester (8th)
– U16 Boys Charlie Genner (17th)
Sunday saw a strong team of Wyre Forest riders representing the club in Round 3 of the West Midlands Youth Cycle Championship, hosted by Mid Shropshire Wheelers, at the Sundorne circuit Shrewsbury.
– U8 Girls Ruby Bentley (4th)
– U8 Boys Harry Lane (3rd and celebrating his first podium as a WFCRC rider)
– U10 Boys Joe Greening (4th), Archie Bentley (6th), Jenson Groves (8th)
– U12 Boys Max Hinds (2nd), Felix Forrester (18th)
– U14 Girls Posie Forrester (5th)
– U16 Girls Aimee Lane (2nd)
After another outstanding performance by all of the WFCRC racers the club are now in 3rd position out of 20 represented clubs and just 201 points behind third place Mid Shropshire Wheelers. The next round of the championship will be on the 26th May and is being hosted by Lichfield CCC at the Curborough Sprint circuit.