Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Round 1 WFCRC – West Midlands Youth Circuit Series

March 10 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm

First Race of the 2019 West Midlands Youth Circuit Series.

Hosted by Wyre Forest CRC at Stourport 

Signing on from 9:00 am, 1st race commencing at 10:00 am.

Enter Online


March 10
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Event Category:


Stourport Sports Club
Stourport, DY13 8BQ United Kingdom
+ Google Map


  • Judith Cooper Posted 7th March 2019 10:38 pm

    Will this race be cancelled if the weather is high winds and hail as currently forecast?

    • Tim Tranter Posted 8th March 2019 8:17 am

      Hi Judith,
      We will keep an eye on the forecast, but currently, we have no plans to cancel.
      Should we cancel the event we will inform people, via email/website and social media.

  • Andrew Jones Posted 10th March 2019 8:13 am

    Hi is the racing definitely on this morning?

  • Mark Posted 12th March 2019 9:11 am

    Hello, with regard to the WFCRC round 1 boys U10’s race, can you please let me know where I can view the chip timing results for this particular race?

    • Tim Tranter Posted 12th March 2019 10:17 am

      Hi Mark,
      Please see the official response from British cycling West midlands facebook page below:

      We would like to thank Wyre Forest and Richard for their hard work in organising the event and there commitment for making sure the round is rearanged later in the calendar. The date for the rearranged round for all age categories will be announced in due course.

      “Unfortunately Sunday’s youth race at Stourport had to be cancelled mid event, immediately after the under 10’s race had finished, as the weather were deteriorating with strong gusting winds.
      The decision was taken to stop the event after consulting with the commissaire, as the conditions were becoming too dangerous for the event to continue safely.

      The chip timing system was also affected by the wet and windy conditions, and was unable to be used from the start of the event, so judging had to be done manually. The absence of chip timing system meant that getting a full result for the entire field, as required for the league standings, was not possible. The top 3 boys and girls were awarded prizes on the day for the both races that were completed.

      The absence of an accurate full result for the first 2 races and cancellation of the 3 other races during the event, means that the whole event will now have to be rescheduled again in the coming weeks when a suitable date can be confirmed.

      Unfortunately, the U8 and U10 races will not now be awarded league points, and I understand that this will be very disappointing for those riders that bravely battled the tough conditions, but all those U8 and U10 riders that raced Sunday, will not now have to pay again for the rescheduled race. The organiser will pay the cost of the race levies again for the rescheduled under 8 and under 10 races as a gesture of goodwill to those riders who raced in the tough conditions on the day.

      The entire field of riders will be moved across to the new date when it is confirmed, but I will also offer those riders who cannot make the new date, a full refund if they so wish.

      I thank everyone in advance for their understanding of my decision as organiser, and thank everyone for supporting the event on the day, especially to those families who travelled large distances to attend the event, but the weather is something nobody can control. The decision to cancel the event was not taken lightly, but it was the only sensible one we could make on the day, and my main priority will always be the safety of the riders competing.

      Richard Pedersen
      Race Organiser.”

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.